The latest release from the people who brought you Earth, is an amazing treat, and one of the best displays of Blu-Ray possibilities you’re going to find. A somewhat more interesting endeavor frankly, mostly devoid of Earth’s agenda, Oceans takes you right into the action in ways that are often impossible to imagine.
While Earth took viewers on an adventure that was often beyond the realm of description, there is something even more compelling about the journey underwater. More than simply the unique and breathtaking features and facets of the world we know, Oceans takes you to the very heart of what is simply another world altogether.
Following the pattern of previous efforts, Oceans finds its focal points and takes us along to experience life as we never have before. Immersive in a sense that brings new meaning to the word, the film puts audiences right next to migrating whales and racing dolphins so clearly that it is hard to believe you aren’t surrounded by water.
This one is a treat for all ages, and the bonuses help make this something that you’ll go back to again and again. You get a nice collection of behind-the-scenes videos, and a great viewing option for the feature called Filmmaker Annotations, which doesn’t sound like much, but adds a great deal of interesting information. The Blu-Ray also features Living Menus, which may not sound like anything that really adds a lot of value, but is actually a wonderfully put together effort that lets you explore the world’s oceans with new videos.
Be sure to check out a collection of videos below.
From the same studio that brought you Disneynature Earth, the #1 theatrical nature film of 2009, comes Disneynature’s latest chronicle Disneynature OCEANS – an unprecedented, breathtaking journey deep into uncharted waters of the ocean uncovering the playful splendors and the harsh realities of the weird and wonderful creatures that live within. Disneynature OCEANS is a splendid high-definition film that places viewers in the heart of the action – racing with a school of tuna, leaping with dolphins and swimming shoulder-to-flipper with whales.
In addition to the film, the disc comes packed with numerous bonus features that include powerful behind-the-scenes footage, key interviews with the filmmakers, crew and industry experts, a “Make A Wave” Disney’s Friends for Change music video featuring Disney stars Joe Jonas and , a glance inside some of The Walt Disney Company’s conservation efforts, plus an exclusive BD-Live experience that allows Blu-ray Disc owners to explore the oceans of the world through an interactive globe.
Directed by Jacques Perrin (two-time Academy Award® nominee for Best Documentary, Features for in 2003; Best Picture for Z in 1970) and Jacques Cluzaud (Winged Migration, Les Ailes de la Nature), the two filmmakers venture in, on and around our seas to discover photogenic oddities and endangered wonders. The two directors capture mesmerizing footage using the most technologically-advanced equipment that has allowed them to bring the images alive in high-definition. Disneynature OCEANS is narrated by Pierce Brosnan (The Ghost Writer, Percy Jackson and the Olympians), who has long been affiliated with environmental causes and campaigns.
• “Make A Wave” Music Video – Disney’s Friends For Change music video featuring Joe Jonas & Demi Lovato.
• Disney & Nature: Preserving the World We Share – Viewers get a deeper look into the conservation projects around the world being sponsored by The Walt Disney Company.
• Deeper In The Ocean – 5 pods from the Blu-ray Living Menus and Filmmaker Annotations that go behind-the-scenes taking a deeper look at the filmmakers, locations and animals that make up Disneynature OCEANS.
Everything on the DVD, plus…
• Living Menus – Explore the oceans of the world on an interactive globe. Through BD-Live, new video pods and pop-up facts will be accessible as they become available, hosted by the world’s leading conservationists and the Disneynature OCEANS filmmakers.
• Filmmaker Annotations – This in-movie feature is a viewing mode that allows consumers to watch behind-the-scenes footage of the film being made and hear stories from the crew who spent several years making the film around the world.
Underwater Car Wash (Bonus)
Torpedo Camera (Bonus)